915 Wachter Ave.
P.O. Box 218
Plain, Wisconsin 53577
HISTORY OF THE SOCIETY
by Phyllis Dearborn
The Old Franklin Township Historical Society (OFTHS) was organized in 2004 when the future
of the old Franklin Town Hall was being decided. A survey had been conducted earlier by the town board, which showed the majority
of the townspeople wanted the Old Town Hall used to “display historic items.” We proposed restoring
the building and using it as a museum to house artifacts and memorabilia that represent our area’s history.
We obtained 501c3 tax-exempt status and became affiliated with the Wisconsin Historical Society in 2005 and signed
a 25-year lease with Franklin Township in 2006 for $1.00/year.
PRESIDENT: Gene Hausner; 520 N. Worcester St.; Spring Green, WI 53588
PRESIDENT: Marian Burmester; E3225 Hwy. 58; LaValle, WI 53941
TREASURER: Mary Jayne Liegel; S8552 Valley View Rd.; Loganville,
SECRETARY: Georgene Hausner; 520 N. Worcester St.; Spring Green, WI 53588
DIRECTORS: William Bergman;
E5114 County Road B; Plain, WI 53577
Lucille Herbrand; 1185 Maple St.; Plain, WI 53577
Mary Prem; S8381 State Rd. 23; Loganville, WI 53943
HONORARY DIRECTORS: Debbie Blau and Ken Kraemer
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Old Franklin Township Historical
Society is to collect, preserve, and display artifacts, documents, and photographs relative to its history; to act as a resource
and research facility for local history; and to disseminate, for educational purposes, any material that may illustrate the
history of Franklin Township and all areas of historical connection.
are held on the first Thursday of every month at 7:00 PM at the old town hall building, except for January,
when we take a month off. Everyone that is interested in the history of the Town of Franklin and the Plain area are
welcome to these meetings.
BY LAWS - click here to download